Terms of Service
Mobile Music Hub
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Revised 30th April 2022, comes into effect from 1st May 2022 These terms and conditions form the basis of the contract between the Mobile Music Hub, and Customers. Customers are subject to and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
In these terms and conditions the following definitions apply:
Mobile Music Hub means the company which provides the Music Service.
References to Music Leaders and music teachers means Emily Howard and other musicians from the Mobile Music Hub.
Customer means any individual to whom the Mobile Music Hub supplies tuition, this could be individuals or community groups, events or other education centres. “Customer” includes the parent/legal guardian of the Customer where the Customer is under the age of 18. References to “you”/ “your” are to the Customer.
Due Date means the date outlined in any correspondence regarding payment or re-booking. Lesson(s) means the one to one 30 minute instrumental/vocal lessons to be provided by Mobile Music Hub to the Customer. Lessons can take place in one of the following formats: a) In-Person Lessons at Tazma Studio b) Lessons that take place Online only c) Flexi Lessons that are a mix of In-Person and Online. d) In the Mobile Music Hub vehicle in a more remote location.
Workshop rate means a workshop with a maximum length of five hours. It can be adjusted pro rata for workshops of more than five hours and increased to reflect additional preparation time and any equipment or resources provided by the workshop leader.
Music School(s) means the venue at which the Lessons are provided.
Price means the charge for the services as set out in the Terms and on the website. All charges are exempt from VAT.
Personal Data means the information about you. Mobile Music Hub collects personal data from the Customer to be able to provide its services.
Re-booking means if the Customer wishes to continue with the Lessons beyond the initial 6 week period agreed.
Music Leaders means any employee of Mobile Music Hub delivering music Lessons.
Terms means the terms set out in these terms and conditions of business.
Half Termly means the 6 week period of Lessons the Customer has signed up to receive from Mobile Music Hub.
1. Changes to Terms Any changes to these Terms are valid only if agreed in writing between Mobile Music Hub and the Customer. From time to time we may update these terms and conditions by sending you either an updated version or notification of minor changes. Should you choose not to accept these changes please notify us of your nonacceptance within 14 days of notification. Otherwise, the changes will take effect upon the expiry of the 14th day.
2. Booking Lessons Specialist one to one instrumental/vocal tuition is provided through 6 weekly Lessons of 30 minutes each. These are delivered as part of a rolling half termly programme from the time of booking. Please be aware that Lessons are not offered or delivered during school holidays. Lessons run in accordance with our published teaching weeks and closure dates. All teaching weeks and closure dates are available on the lesson and pricing page of our website. When signing up for Lessons, Mobile Music Hub will work with the Customer to identify the day, time and venue availability for the instrument being sought. Customers will also be asked to indicate a preference for the format of the Lessons from the following options: a) In-Person Lessons; b) Online Lessons; or c) Flexi Lessons (a combination of In-Person and Online) Online lessons may not be suitable for all students or instruments, and we will advise customers on the best options. d) In the Mobile Music Hub vehicle in a more remote location. (Where travel is necessary there will be extra cost for the amount of time and fuel for destinations outside of the Exeter area.)
2.1 For In-Person and Flexi Lessons Where Mobile Music Hub are able to accommodate requests an offer for Lessons will be made by email along with information about the payment process to be followed to secure the booking. This email will include a Due Date by which the offer must be accepted and the booking secured. Failure to adhere to the Due Date will see the lesson offer withdrawn and the allocated slot released. Should Mobile Music Hub be unable to accommodate a tuition request, permission will be sought from the Customer to retain your details so they can be kept informed about future availability.
2.2 For Online Lessons Where Mobile Music Hub is able to accommodate requests, the Customer will be allocated a Teacher. Online Lesson times must then be agreed between the Teacher and the Customer via email. Online Lessons may take place between 9.30am and 7.30pm Monday to Thursday. Once the Lesson time has been agreed, the Customer will be emailed information about the payment process to be followed to secure the booking. This email will include a Due Date by which the offer must be accepted and the booking secured. Failure to comply with the Due Date will see the lesson offer withdrawn and the allocated slot released.
2.2 For all Lessons In the case of new Customers for all Lesson formats, once an initial payment for Lessons has been received, a welcome pack providing additional information ahead of your first Lesson will be emailed to you. Our educational ethos is to maintain the long term consistency of teachers and students. However, Mobile Music Hub reserves the right to change Teachers for reasonable reasons e.g. retirement, maternity, long term absence etc. Customers therefore contract with Mobile Music Hub to provide Lessons and not for specific Teachers. Where Mobile Music Hub needs to change the Teacher for any reason, the Customer will be notified accordingly.
3. Personal Data Mobile Music Hub will use the Customer’s name(s), address, telephone number, email address and payment details (your Personal Data) to process your booking. We will only use your Personal Data in accordance with our privacy notice which is available to view on our website. Our privacy notice also contains details of your right to withdraw your consent, to update your preferences, to request further information, and to make a complaint.
4. Re-Booking Lessons In order to give existing Customers priority to continue with their Lessons, Mobile Music Hub operates a re-booking system. This means that, unless you inform us that you either wish to change the venue, day, time, format or that you aren’t intending to continue with the Lessons, you will be sent an email notification at least 4 lessons before you are due to finish, inviting you to renew your booking and the terms on which it is offered. This email will include a Due Date by which the offer must be accepted. Should you fail to comply with the deadline we will not be able to guarantee your same lesson slot for the subsequent half term and your allocated lesson slot will be released and made available to others. If you do not wish to be re-booked for a further Year or wish to change the venue, day or time, you must inform the office by the stated re-booking deadline.
5. Price and Payment Arrangements for one to one lessons The Price of a 30 minute Lesson is £18.00. The Price of an hour lesson is £36. Mobile Music Hub follows the Musicians Union rates, these are available to view on their website. Music tuition provided by the Mobile Music Hub is based on the model of a rolling half term programme of 6 Lessons at a total cost of £108 per half term. Customers are not permitted to book individual Lessons. Payment is due at the beginning of each half term and made by the Customer via the mobile music hub website. The first payment is to be made by the Customer at the point of securing their Lesson booking. Further information and details about how to initiate the automatic recurring payment will be provided to the Customer during the booking process. Payment can be made using either a credit or debit card, details of which are stored on a secure online payments system. By providing your card details and allowing them to be stored on a secure payment gateway operated by a third party, you are agreeing to activation of the automatic recurring payment. Card details are not retained by the Mobile Music Hub. Please note recurring payments will be debited against the card details provided by the Customer at the point of securing the Lesson booking. If for any reason a card payment should fail the Customer will receive a notification email advising there has been a problem with the payment e.g. the card has expired. If card details change, or should you want to switch payment to another card, you can either manage subscription payment details within your Mobile Music Hub Customer account or contact the Mobile Music Hub for assistance in making any required changes. Once card payment has been received both Mobile Music Hub and the Customer will receive email confirmation that the request has been processed successfully. You are always welcome to contact us should you be unsure of any details. Your legal rights are not affected. If the lessons are being paid for by someone other than You, you are responsible for informing that person of our payment policies and deadlines and for relaying any communication with regard to re-booking or payments of any sort.
5.1 Price and Payment Arrangements for workshops The Price of a workshop is £208.00. The workshop can be a maximum length of five hours, this includes set up and take down time. It can be adjusted pro rata for workshops of more than five hours and increased to reflect additional preparation time and any equipment or resources provided by the workshop leader. Mobile Music Hub follows the Musicians Union rates, these are available to view on their website. Payment is due before the workshop date and made by the Customer via the mobile music hub website. The payment is to be made by the Customer at the point of securing their Workshop booking. Further information will be provided to the Customer during the booking process. Payment can be made using either a credit or debit card, details of which are stored on a secure online payments system. Card details are not retained by the Mobile Music Hub. If for any reason a card payment should fail the Customer will receive a notification email advising there has been a problem with the payment e.g. the card has expired. If card details change, or should you want to switch payment to another card, you can either manage subscription payment details within your Mobile Music Hub Customer account or contact the Mobile Music Hub for assistance in making any required changes. Once card payment has been received both Mobile Music Hub and the Customer will receive email confirmation that the request has been processed successfully. You are always welcome to contact us should you be unsure of any details. Your legal rights are not affected. If the workshop is being paid for by someone other than You, you are responsible for informing that person of our payment policies and deadlines and for relaying any communication with regard to re-booking or payments of any sort.
6. Refunds and Cancellations This clause applies to all formats of Lessons and Workshops. You may cancel your contract with Mobile Music Hub within 7 days of receiving your first Lesson; you may also cancel within 7 days of any re-booking (the “Cancellation Period”). Mobile Music Hub will refund to the Customer the cost of any Lessons paid for but not received during the Cancellation Period. In addition, the Customer has the right to cancel at any time during the 6 week period by giving Mobile Music Hub at least 4 Lessons’ notice in writing. Written notification can be given by letter or using the Cancellation Form below and sent by post to: Mobile Music Hub, 18 Causey Gardens, Exeter EX1 3SR or email: email@example.com If you cease to attend Lessons but do not provide written notification of cancellation, you will continue to be charged for Lessons. Mobile Music Hub is under no obligation to provide a refund in the event of Customer absence or failure to attend a Lesson, for example due to sickness, holidays, school trips, exams, medical appointments or excessive traffic. In cases of bad/adverse weather, Mobile Music Hub will not refund missed Lessons where the Music School remains open and is safe and accessible and Mobile Music Hub staff are available to teach. If the Music School is closed, or a Teacher is unavailable to deliver a Lesson(s) for any reason, every effort will be made for the Lesson(s) to be rearranged at a later date. There are contingency dates in the Calendar for catch-up lessons. Refunds will only be issued by Mobile Music Hub if a Teacher is unable to make up the Lesson(s). If Mobile Music Hub are unable to deliver the full 6 Lessons for the Customer within the 6 weeks, a refund will be issued for any Lessons not provided.
7. Online Lessons 7.1 Guidance for all Online Lessons The following guidance applies to both Flexi and Online Lessons. Lessons held online will take place on Zoom www.zoom.us
The App must be downloaded onto a suitable device and used by an adult, using an adult’s email account. If the pupil is a child under 18 years of age: Lessons will only be scheduled with the consent of an adult. Consent is to be confirmed by agreeing to the terms of the ‘T3 Contract for Online Teaching’ document at the time of booking a Combination or Online Only Lesson. An appropriate communal household space must be used for the lesson, such as a living room. If the pupil is a child of primary school age, an adult must accept and acknowledge the video call and be present at all times (they don’t have to be completely in shot) and the adult must end the call. If the pupil is a child of secondary school age, an adult must accept and acknowledge the video call. If there is no adult present in the home, or the lesson is taking place in an unsuitable room, the Lesson will not continue. No refund will be provided for the Lesson in these circumstances. Pupil progress will be tracked and pupils are still expected to complete practice diary entries.
7.2 Notice period for rearranging Online and Online Flexi Lessons Customers partaking in Online and Flexi Lessons have the ability to rearrange an Online Lesson by providing a minimum of 24 hours' notice prior to the Lesson required to be rearranged via email to your Teacher. Mobile Music Hub will then endeavour to rearrange the Lesson. If the Lesson cannot be rearranged, the Lesson will be cancelled without charge. Where less than 24 hours’ notice is provided of the need to rearrange a Lesson, Mobile Music Hub will seek to rearrange the Lesson if possible. Where the Lesson cannot be rearranged, the Customer will still be charged the full price for the Lesson.
8. Complaints If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the Lessons, level of customer service or our performance of this agreement, please send your complaint in writing to the Mobile Music Hub by post or by email (see above). Any determination made by Mobile Music Hub arising from the Terms shall be final.
9. Exclusion of Liability Mobile Music Hub does not accept liability for loss or damage to Customers' instruments or personal possessions. It is your responsibility to arrange appropriate insurance for these items.
11. Behaviour All Customers are expected to behave in a responsible and courteous manner within the Mobile Music Hub at all times and to attend Lessons on time.
12. Teachers All Teachers are highly qualified, trained and subject to Mobile Music Hub’s rigorous safeguarding and employment checks. Mobile Music Hub monitors quality and provides continuing professional development for all staff. Observation of Teachers’ work for routine performance management may take place during your Lesson. This is non-intrusive to the Lesson content, pace or flow.
13. Safeguarding Mobile Music Hub is committed to the highest standards in promoting the welfare of children and adults and protecting them from harm at all times. Mobile Music Hub is committed to: • Protecting children and adults who receive our services; • Ensuring that all members of staff are properly trained and supported in safeguarding; • Ensuring that all Teachers and staff have enhanced DBS clearance checks. All staff have a responsibility to provide a safe environment in which individuals can learn. We recognise that some children, young people and adults may become the victims of neglect, physical, sexual or emotional abuse and that Mobile Music Hub staff, by virtue of their knowledge and contact with these individuals, are well placed to identify and report such abuse so individuals may be effectively supported as appropriate. All staff are required to follow the Mobile Music Hub safeguarding policy which is in line with Devon County Council Safeguarding Children Partnership Safeguarding Procedures. In addition, all Mobile Music Hub staff have access to appropriate training and briefings on a regular basis. To follow correct procedures is a statutory requirement, and failure to do so will be treated as gross misconduct. Should a Customer have any concerns about an individual attending our Music Schools, please call 07969 816 605 and ask to speak to Emily.
14. Supervision A waiting area is provided at Music School venues should parents wish to remain onsite during Lessons. This waiting area is not staffed. Mobile Music Hub only accepts responsibility for children/young people during actual Lesson time. At all other times, responsibility lies with the parents/guardians. Teachers are not responsible for escorting children/young people to/from Lessons.
15. Resources Customers may be required to purchase music books/scores and any relevant accessories as required to support their learning. As individual learning requirements are different please speak to your Teacher about any additional support materials that you may need.
16. Examinations Mobile Music Hub teaches from the Trinity Rockschool syllabus. Mobile Music Hub offers Arts Awards. Your Teacher will advise on the appropriate time and level of examination should you wish to pursue formal instrumental/vocal attainment. Customers are expected to pay any examination fees and to make arrangements for accompanists, as appropriate.
17. Music School Concerts From time to time, the Mobile Music Hub will organise informal concerts to celebrate success and progress as well as facilitating the opportunity to gain essential performance experience. Taking part in a concert of this kind with the teacher’s support would be in the place of a lesson for that week.
Ts and Cs from May 2022
NOTICE OF CANCELLATION To: Mobile Music Hub, 18 Causey Gardens, Exeter, EX1 3SR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I/we give notice that I/we wish to cancel the booking made with you for:
Name of student: ….…………………………....................…………….…………………………....................……..........
Name of teacher(s): ….…………………………....................…………….…………………………....................……..........
Instrument/lessons taken: ….…………………………....................…………….…………………………….................……....
This form may be sent by post to the address above, or by email